- Professional, creative, friendly, enjoyable individual piano lessons. In person (or online).
- Beginners through to performance diploma level
- Pianists returning to music after a break
- Players wanting to learn for enjoyment and relaxation
- Tuition for students wanting to study for exams, NCEA or to perform in competitions
- I teach creatively using different tools and technology to make lessons fun and follow up work at home enjoyable so you can enjoy your progress.
Music Styles Taught
- Pop – including music notation & playing chords from charts/lead sheets
- Piano solos, duets & piano trios ( 3 players on one piano)
- Music Theory
- Exams (practical or written) and competition preparation
During the year I run studio wide events in the community where students are able to play for others. We have 2 of these events planned for 2021. These events give students who are keen the opportunity to prepare music for a performance and practice at performing it.
In 2019 we had a performance workshop where the audience wrote compliments cards for each of the performers. Last year we played at Fergusson Retirement Village on the beautiful piano you see in many of the photos on this website.
The younger students are working on an incentive programme which follows a story where they gain points for achievement/completion at each lesson. This programme encourages practice, completion of pieces and other skills. We are also enjoying playing a musical theory card (or board) game alternating with a musical online game each month! There are also some budding composers who are busy writing for piano and I’m looking forward to featuring their work in an event in the coming months!
For the adult students we have an evening playing planned with a Sound Track theme followed by supper in July.
Tel: 027 323-3102
KAREN BOYCE MUSIC LIMITED